Sunday, October 11, 2009

re evaluating...


playing with photobooth, originally uploaded by laurensmashtoys.

This has been a bit of a bummer week for me in the crafting sense. I didn't get into one show that I love, and the other one is cancelled. I was feeling really sorry for myself for a day or two.

Then, I went to a very inspiring art show, with art by mentally handicapped individuals and had a blast. It set me right. It was *beautiful, amazing* art and it was done by people who weren't looking out for the money and who were just making art because they loved it. I need to take a step back and remember the reasons that I started making toys, and not worry about a panel of judges and their opinion. I do it for me. Not to be part of an art show, or a craft show, or even to sell bunches of things to people.

Although, its nice to be liked, and have people buy your stuff, I am just who I am and my toys are me and I love them. If peeps don't want me in their shows, than that is their choice and their loss if you ask me :D

So, tonight I sewed a little, baked some snickerdoodle-y cookies, made dinner with my boy, and kept warm in these freezing temps. My idea of a lovely night, especially with the one I love and art. It makes my life go round you know....

1 comment:

Di said...

Lauren,
I agree with you, just be who you are. Don't worry about those judges. I think you do neat things - and always "Love" what you are doing. Don't do it for someone else.
Love ya,
Di