Monday, September 5, 2011

Flea Market

Ryan and I got up E-A-R-L-Y(for us) on Sunday morning and headed across the Bay Bridge to the Alameda Flea Market. It is something I LOVE to do, but we haven't been doing it too much lately. It is the first Sunday of the month, and we usually for some reason have something going on then. But, yesterday, we hopped out of bed, and rushed over there because we had a mission! We were looking for a new kitchen table and chairs. We have been wanting a formica table with chrome for a long, long time. And when you are lucky you can find them cheap. But when you are at the flea market you can find them not super cheap, but at a better deal than at an antique shop. So we saved a bunch of pennies and set out on our hunt.



The top of the table pattern I guess is called crushed ice. That is what they told us. I just think its lovely.



The chairs are REALLY my favorite. They came from a closed diner. They are a charcoal grey sparkle and they are SO COMFY to sit in!



We were so happy to complete our mission, but some other things caught our eyes! For me, it was this tiny matryoshka doll. It wasn't a full one which is why I got such a great deal, but I prefer tiny things and things that aren't perfect so it was perfect for me!



There were only two dolls in this, but I love her!



And EVERYTHING caught Ryan's eye. He shops like a girl. haha



We had so much fun! And I am glad I have an extra day to recover! Today I am going to sew up a storm!

2 comments:

jeff claassen said...

that table is a sweet find!

Anonymous said...

That table is amazing,from the colour to the shape.Lucky you!