Tuesday, January 13, 2009

So, I have been cooking and baking a bunch...


mmmmm, originally uploaded by laurensmashtoys.

and I made this *super* yummy cinammon bread. Next time I'm making french toast.

Here is the recipe, generally pretty easy. It is for 3 loaves, but I only made 1.

1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup warm water(110-115 degrees)
2 packages active dry yeast
3 eggs
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
8 cups all-purpose flour
2 TB milk
1 cup white sugar
3 TB ground cinammon
2 TB butter melted

1. warm the milk in a small sauce pan until bubbling. pull off heat & let cool down.
2. Dissolve yeast in warm water(I added 1 TB of sugar too)and set aside until yeast is frothyabout 10 minutes or so.
3.Mix in eggs, sugat, butter, salt.
4. add cooled milk being careful that its not too hot that it cooks the eggs.
5. add the flour slowly to make a stiff dough.
6. Knead until smooth.
7. place in large buttered mixing bowl, turn to coat.
8. cover with a warm damp towl, and let rise for 1 1/2 hours.
9. roll out on lightly floured surface to 1/2 inch thick.
10.moisten the dough with 2 Tb of milk.
11. mix togther 1 cup of sugar and 3 TB of cinnamon. sprinkle mixture evenly on top of dough.
12. Roll up tightly(!! mine wasn't tight enough, I don't think)
13.the roll should be 3 inches in diameter.
14. cut into 3 parts and tuck under ends and pinch bottom together( if you notice I forgot to do that part :D my end is on top!
15. Place loaves into well greased 9x5 pans and lightly grease tops of loaves.
16. let rise in a warm place, uncovered, again for an hour.
17. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. (Mine baked for 28ish minutes and it was done!! so make sure you check it!)
18. Remove from oven and let cool. put melted butter on top.
19. after 20 minutes, lay loaves on their sides and remove from pan.

You should really try this if you have an afternoon. It is *good* mmmm

In other news, Ryan got a Moped. (thank god) I will have pictures soon, it is lovely :D We had to drive 2 1/2 hours in traffic to get it after work yesterday. It was worth it. I like it a lot. I had fun entertaining myself driving. He is totally happy and I am glad. He deserves it for sure.

Trying to regain my crafting mojo, any craft exercise ideas?

No comments: