Wednesday, August 12, 2009

oy


cutesy glasses lady, originally uploaded by laurensmashtoys.

I had a super boring work day today. So unfulfilling sometimes. That is why the prospect of school is so enchanting I guess :D

Ryan and I have been watching stuff on hulu lately. For me its been way too many episodes of Intervention while sewing tiny toys. But last night we even watched a bunch of SNL skits and it was very entertaining. I like being able to watch *something* sometimes, especially when I sew cause I love the background noise, but I do not enjoy sitting on a couch watching TV all of the time. In oakland it was always the Food Network. :D

I have been thinking that it is about time for me to start working on a quilt for myself. My old one is very much loved and really shabby and about 7 or 8 years old. I am thinking this time I go for binding even! Woo Hoo. Walking on the wild side. I do want it to be with good fabric, so I need to save my pennies and go to Hart and pick out some cutesy Heather Ross fabric I think. That lovely Unicorn print is calling to me. I am also thinking about Hedi Kenney's stacking doll fabric. That makes me smile too. Oooh, there is always the prospect of making my own too. But for that I need to borrow a scanner. Ours is dead.

I am getting carried away. There always a few projects on my mind at all times. I am sure you are like this too. I also have 2 patterns for stuff I need to make, one is a fleece jacket that is *super* cute. I know you don't believe me, but just wait. And also I have a super cute skirt pattern that is gonna look *real* special with tights and a cardy. I wish I had more pennies for fabric that is for sure! I think I am going to need to start a 365 on flickr for crafting.

I'd love to know what is on your project list for the future!

2 comments:

xoDanielle said...

These little girls are so CUTE! How would next weekend be for a visit?

LaurenSmash said...

yes! :D give me a date and I will drive my booty down there! :D