Wednesday, April 21, 2010

10 Taco Bake

Yum! We had Taco Bake for dinner. It was originally a weight watchers recipe somewhere back in there. I adopted it and now its mine.

First you cut up one onion and a jalepeno pepper and saute them in a little olive oil. Make sure you wash your hands after you cut up the pepper or your nose will be on fire from scratching it. Im just saying.



Then you add Quorn ground soy. Or regular meat somewhere around a pound, whatever. My vegetarianism doesn't include meat so whatevs. And at this point you can season with salt and pepper with your cutie pie flamingo salt and pepper shakers. What? I like them...



Next cut up a couple of tomatoes and add them.



Then take a can of beans(I used pinto cause I like them) and a can of corn and rinse them really good. Then add them to your pan.



Then there are a couple steps I forgot to take a picture of. Like adding the taco seasoning. A very important step if you ask me. It is my favorite taste almost. You take an 8 x 8 pan and put 3 torn up tortillas in the bottom. Then you layer with 1/2 the meat mix.Then you add a layer of low fat sour cream.



Next you put another layer of tortillas torn up and then another layer of the meat mixture(the rest of it I guess :D) and then you top it with 1/2 a cup of cheese, put it in a 350 degree oven and bake for 30 minutes. It comes out really pretty.



Then you talk your boyfriend into making guacamole even though he is tired. and hungry. and cranky cause he is hungry.



Then you feed that boyfriend so he becomes much more pleasant.



Then you have a glass of wine and look past the fact that you are not going to exercise today. Bad Lauren.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome recipe! It's true, my bf gets cranky when I ask him to make something additional, like tea perhaps, even though he's already spent 30 mins helping me prep. He's hungry! :P