Friday, March 18, 2011

Bows!

So I finished my shirt! I love this wardrobe bump its giving me to know how to sew!



It all started with this pattern and these supplies! The pattern is McCalls 5851.



It came out a little big, but all in all I really like it. I think a good wash and it will be smaller and fit better. If not, I can throw some darts in the back.



I really enjoyed making all of the bows. They are all hand sewn on the shirt. I think it is a really nice detail, but it makes it bulky to wear with a sweater because the bows go all the way around. I am going to try this pattern again and leave off the bows so I have the two different effects.

Now on to the next pattern on my list!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Sooo darn cute!! I love the bows!

Lisa said...

That's so pretty, I love all the bows :)

LaurenSmash said...

Thank you ladies! :) My favorite pattern so far!

Raesha D said...

It turned out darling! I love it!